Monday, June 28, 2010

No more secrets

After months of harassment for having a "secret blog," I think I'm finally ready to go public. Not that anyone has missed out on anything significantly life-changing, but apparently the idea of a blog for personal use only is one of those "curiosity gets the best of me" sorts of things. I assume it's probably better to give those curious readers something to satisfy them in order to keep them from getting into the off-limits area, anyway. So here it is - my first public post.

In the words of Julie Andrews, "let's start at the very beginning..." Oh, and you're welcome for getting that song stuck in your head. At least it's nearing mid-afternoon and you won't have to hear it too long (unless of course you're of the night owl type). But back to the beginning. I wanted to name the blog "Waiting to Say Yes," but that title was already taken. "Ready to Say Yes" basically says the same thing, although I actually like it better now than I did the original option. The idea stems from the fact that I am happily dating my best friend, but find myself more often than not lately waiting to say yes to him. Waiting to say yes to that gigantic question that every girl dreams about - that question that changes the course of my life forever. That question of "will you marry me" is all that I wait for these days, it seems. Even though that question should come any day now, though, I think it's become a preoccupation rather than just an attitude of eagerness. This is why I'm glad that Google decided for me that "waiting" should become "ready." I think I'm ready to finish being preoccupied and instead to become ready. To have an answer prepared for whenever he should ask me.

I didn't base my blog title on something that will become invalid in potentially days, though. That would be as nonsensical as secret blog. Rather, in keeping with my past habits of writing, I turn this into something spiritual. I am at a point in life where more so than ever, I feel ready to say yes to whatever God would ask of me. Obviously, there are things He asks of me daily to which I must say either yes or no, and I have that desire to easily say yes. That doesn't mean I'm good at saying yes, and every yes is not as eager as the one before or after, but I'm ready. Waiting to say yes...but not wasting the present with a preoccupation with what might be next. Rather, ready to say yes to anything...everything...even when it might change the course of my life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment