Sunday, May 1, 2011

On Again, Off Again

My cooking skills are as inconsistent as the Razorback baseball team right now. It's either really good, or fails late in the 9th inning. Perfect example is below:

What began as a perfectly beautiful skillet full of okra, yellow squash and onions...


Ended up as a horrible gooey mess of vegetables and charred remains of vegetables.


I love fried okra and squash, and I've seen my mom fry it many times. For some reason, though, I never noticed that she began with grease. Lesson learned: critical ingredient.

At least the barbecued chicken and rice was good. We have leftover dessert made by a wonderful cook and dear friend...the perfect way to nurse my pride. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Not long ago, I made rice. In the microwave. I still don't know what went wrong other than it ended up charred. And our house smelled like burned rice for weeks. This is 14 years into our marriage! The barbecued chicken sounds yummy though!

    ReplyDelete